Do you need to change the voice for navigation in Google Maps? It is easy to alter the Google Maps voice in your Android, although the method is a little bit oblique on iPhone and iPad. This wikiHow article will stroll you thru the easy steps of fixing the voice in Google Maps in your Android, iPhone, or iPad.
Keep in mind this stuff: Change the voice for navigation in Google Maps
- On Android, go to Settings in Maps, go to Navigation Settings > Voice choice, and choose a brand new voice.
- On iPhone and iPad, you will have to alter your cellphone or pill’s language to listen to a special voice in Maps.
- When you have Google Assistant and an Android, change the voice in that app to alter the “Default” voice in Google Maps.
Faucet your profile icon in Google Maps. It is within the prime left nook of the Maps app. Fortunately, Android’s model of Google Maps simply means that you can change the voice.
On Andriod: Change the voice for navigation in Google Maps
- Faucet Settings. This selection is close to the underside of the menu subsequent to an icon of a gear.
- Faucet Navigation Settings. You may most likely have to scroll down to search out this selection close to the underside of the menu.
- Faucet Voice choice. That is under the “Steerage quantity” part and can open a brand new window
- Choose a voice. The instructed voices will not change your expertise an excessive amount of and are region-specific, that means that language will use terminology that different areas do not. For instance, English (US) and English (UK) each converse English, however in several accents and with completely different phrases.
- Faucet Play take a look at sound to preview the voice.
- Get extra voice choices with Google Assistant. You possibly can additional customise the voice with Google Assistant, like altering the gender from feminine to male. If you happen to select a special voice in Google Assistant, you will hear that voice in Maps so long as your Maps voice is ready to “Default.” To alter that voice:
- Open Assistant and faucet your profile image.
- Faucet Assistant voice & sounds, then faucet the colour related to the voice that you just like.
When you select a brand new voice, shut each apps. Then, open Google Maps to verify “Default (English)” is chosen. The voice you chose in Assistant will now play in Maps!
On iPhone: Change the voice for navigation in Google Maps
- Open your iPhone or iPad’s Settings. If you wish to hear a special language or accent in Google Maps, you will have to alter the language in your iPhone or iPad. If you happen to do not thoughts switching your language settings for your entire apps, open your Settings now.
- Sadly, the Google Maps app doesn’t let you change your voice in your iPhone or iPad until you modify your language or area.
- In order for you extra voice choices for navigation, you may need to use Apple Maps as an alternative. Apple Maps makes use of Siri to information you, and you’ll simply change Siri’s voice
- Faucet Basic. It is within the third grouping of choices subsequent to an icon of a gear.
- Faucet Langauge & Area. You may see this close to the underside of the menu.
- Faucet iPhone Language. This may open a brand new window with an inventory of languages.
- Faucet a language. After you faucet Finished and make sure the change, your cellphone will change to mirror this new language choice. Not solely will your total cellphone show the brand new language, however your different apps may as effectively (if they’ve language settings), together with Google Maps.