What is a Google Knowledge Panel and How Does it Benefit Your Business?
A Google Knowledge Panel appears on the right side of the search results page when you search for a specific business, organization, or public figure. It gives you a quick summary of information about the entity, such as its name, logo, website, social media profiles, photos, and reviews. Read: Everything you have to know about Google Knowledge Panel
Having a Google Knowledge Panel can help your business in several ways:
- It makes your business more visible to potential customers who are searching for your services or products.
- It provides a quick overview of your business’s key information, which can establish trust and credibility.
- It can increase traffic to your website, as the panel includes a link to your site.
- It can help improve your search engine ranking and increase the chances of appearing in relevant searches.
- It can give you a competitive advantage over businesses that do not have a knowledge panel.
See example knowledge panel: Anontow
To create a Google Knowledge Panel for your business, you need to provide accurate information to Google, such as your business name, address, phone number, website, and social media profiles. It is also important to encourage your customers to leave reviews on Google, as this can help improve the visibility and credibility of your panel.
The Impact of Google Knowledge Panels on Local SEO
- Enhanced visibility: According to a study by Moz, businesses with a knowledge panel are 1.8 times more likely to be considered a top local result in Google’s Local Pack, which is the list of businesses that appear at the top of the search results page when a user searches for a local business.
- Credibility: According to a survey by BrightLocal, 56% of consumers said they are more likely to trust a business with a Google Knowledge Panel, compared to one without.
- Increased website traffic: According to a study by Search Engine Watch, businesses with a knowledge panel get an average of 10,000 clicks per month, which is a significant increase in website traffic compared to businesses without a panel.
- Improved search engine optimization (SEO): According to a study by Search Engine Land, having a knowledge panel can help improve your search engine ranking by up to 20%, which can lead to increased visibility and traffic.
- Competitive advantage: According to a study by Search Engine Journal, only 6% of small businesses have claimed their knowledge panel, which means that having a panel can give you a significant advantage over your competitors who have not claimed theirs.
Overall, having a Google Knowledge Panel can help your business increase its visibility, credibility, website traffic, and search engine ranking, while also giving you a competitive advantage over businesses that do not have a panel.