bKash Personal Account Creation
BKash is the most popular and widely used mobile financial service in Bangladesh. When we make a bill payment through BKash for any product or service from a supershop, e-commerce store, or any other retail shop, we make the payment to the BKash merchant account of that seller. There are several conditions for opening a BKash merchant account that have to be followed. But for those who are strictly small traders or marginal traders, BKash has introduced the BKash Personal Retail Account. BKash Personal Retail Account is an account by BKash for small traders, floating entrepreneurs, and online-based entrepreneurs, through which accounts can be opened very easily and quickly and payments can be taken from customers against delivery of goods and services. Business address verification is not applicable for ‘offline’ entrepreneurs. The applicant must have a valid national identity card and proof of ownership of a mobile number to open an account.
Benefits of the BKash Personal Retail Account
- The account can be opened either through the BKash Designated Agency or by the applicant himself at home through the self-registration process.
- No trade license is required to open a BKash Personal Retail Account. Where a trade license is mandatory to open a general merchant
- The applicant can open a personal retail account with a new mobile number against the same national identity card as his personal development account.
- For a personal retail account holder, the customer can make payment from his development app by dialing
- *247# or using payment gateways and payment links.
- Personal retail account holders can send money to any developing customer.
- Personal retail account holders can withdraw money at any time through development agents or authorized ATMs.
- A personal retail account holder can send funds to another personal retail account holder or to any other merchant in the development for business purposes.
- A personal retail account holder can use the BKash Merchant App or other payment platforms of BKash, which will help in increasing the scope of his business.
- You can receive payment as soon as the account is successfully opened.Who can register for Vikas personal retail account?
Who can register for a bKash Personal Retail Account?
- The applicant must be a Bangladeshi citizen.
- The applicant must be 18 years of age or older.
- The applicant must have a valid national identity card.
- The applicant must take his or her own photo or selfie.
- The applicant must have proof of mobile SIM ownership.
- The applicant must be a small, micro, or marginal entrepreneur.
- If the business address of the applicant is in Rangamati, Bandarban, Khagrachari, or Cox’s Bazar districts, then occupation proof must be attached (uploaded).
- A valid mobile number registered in the applicant’s own name with no BKash account already opened should be used for opening a BKash personal account.
- The applicant can attach a copy of a utility bill. But as yet, it is not mandatory; it is optional.
- If the name of the applicant to be selected as a nominee is mentioned in your national identity card (e.g., parent, husband, or wife), attaching a photograph of the nominee’s national identity card is optional. In other cases (e.g., brother, sister, son, daughter, or other), the nominee’s national identity card photograph must be attached.
In the case of attaching images or screenshots, they must be attached in JPEG or JPG format, and the file size must be within 10 MB.
bKash Personal Retail Account Registration Procedure
What is the procedure to register a bKash personal retail account?
- Click on “BKash Personal Retail Account” from the BKash website.
- Apply by agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- Enter the mobile number you wish to register with and select Operator.
- Verify the mobile number with the “Registration Verification Code” received in the SMS.
- Now enter personal information in a registration form.
- Then enter your business information.
- Provide information about your nominee. Your parents, brothers or sisters, husband or wife, son or daughter, or others aged 18 years or older can be nominated.
- Now take your own picture and upload some necessary pictures or screenshots.
- Finally, submit the details for registration.
- After that, you will get a congratulations message with your application ID. You can check the status of your application by application ID.
- After verifying all the details you have provided, the application will be accepted, the development personal account registration will be done, and you will receive a ‘Congratulations’ message via SMS.
Then, by dialing *247#, you can set the PIN for the account and start using it.
Currently, the per-transaction limit after successful account opening is up to Rs. 10,000.
Method of Address Verification with “Verification Code”
How to Verify an Address with a “Verification Code’
You can easily verify your business address with the code provided in the ‘Welcome Letter’ sent to your business address. Visit the link provided on the home page to verify the business address. Now enter your “mobile number, “verification code,” and “date of birth.” Your business address will be verified if the information you provided is correct.