The DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) Scholarship is a prestigious program that provides financial support to international students, researchers, and academics who want to study or conduct research in Germany. The DAAD was established in 1925 and is one of the world’s largest and most respected funding organizations. It offers a wide range of scholarships and grants to individuals from various academic backgrounds and nationalities. Please check our important article: Fully Funded Undergraduate Scholarships in Germany for International Students
Fully Funded DAAD Scholarship 2024
The DAAD Scholarship 2024-2025 is a fully funded scholarship for international students to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree at a top German university. Graduates receive 934 euros per month, and doctoral students receive 1,200 euros per month.
DAAD Scholarship 2024 Overview
- Level of Study: Doctoral (PhD) / Masters
- Institution: DAAD
- Study Location: Germany
- Courses Offered:
- Economic Sciences, Law
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Art, Design
- Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Mathematics, Natural Sciences
- Medicine, Health Sciences
- For a comprehensive list of available Postgraduate Courses, refer here.
- Program Duration: Between 12 and 36 months, contingent on the chosen study program’s length.
- DAAD Scholarship Deadline: Varies based on the selected study program; kindly verify deadlines here.
DAAD Scholarship Coverage
The DAAD Scholarship for 2024 supports Masters and PhD studies in Germany, offering recipients the following benefits:
- Monthly stipends of 934 euros for graduate students or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates, depending on academic level.
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are already covered by the home country or another funding source.
- Coverage for health, accident, and personal liability insurance.
- One-time study allowance.
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD Scholarship 2024
To be considered for the DAAD Scholarship for Masters and PhD programs in Germany for the year 2024, applicants must satisfy the following prerequisites:
- Required Languages: Proficiency in either English or German is mandatory.
- For programs conducted in English, applicants are generally required to submit a valid English language certificate such as TOEFL or IELTS.
- For programs conducted in German, applicants typically need to furnish a German language certificate like DSH or TestDaF.
- Eligible Countries: Please refer to the list of eligible developing countries for verification.
- Candidates should hold either a Bachelor’s degree (usually a four-year program) or a Masters degree in a relevant field.
- Applicants are required to have a minimum of two years of professional experience.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate their commitment to development-related goals and should be prepared to shoulder social responsibilities. They are also expected to initiate and support processes of positive change within their personal and professional spheres following their training or scholarship.
Step-by-Step Application Guide
You can apply for up to three courses. If you are applying to more than one course, list them in the DAAD application forms in order of priority (see 7. Choice of host university/institution in Germany). Do not change the priorities in the relevant application form.
Required Documents for DAAD Scholarship:
- Signed DAAD application form with current date
- Personally signed CV (please use the sample europass form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/) with current date
- Personally signed Letter of Motivation (with reference to current occupation and choice of postgraduate programme(s), two pages maximum) with current date. IMPORTANT: When applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum 3 courses), you have to submit one motivation letter explaining why you are applying for these specific courses and why you chose that priority.
- Letter of recommendation from your current employer; the letter must have letterhead, a signature and official stamp and must be of current date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) that proof a minimum of two years of relevant working experience (after the bachelor degree) at the time of application and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home.
Proof of Language Skills:
- English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
- German – Required for courses taught in German
- Copies of Academic Degrees (certified translation if necessary)
- Copies of Academic Transcripts, incl. grading-scale (certified translation if necessary)
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are asked to submit an APS Certificate with their application documents.
Step-by-Step Guide to Applying for a DAAD Scholarship:
- Select Relevant Courses of Interest: Choose up to three courses that align with your academic interests.
- Apply to Universities Offering Your Chosen Courses: Submit your applications directly to the universities offering the selected courses.
- Send Your Complete Application(s) with Required Documents: Ensure all necessary documents are included and send your application(s) directly to the respective universities.
- Selection Committee Identifies Potential DAAD Scholarship Candidates: A selection committee will identify potential candidates for the DAAD scholarship based on the submitted applications.
- DAAD Contacts Suggested Candidates: If you are selected as a potential candidate, DAAD will contact you with instructions to upload your complete application to the DAAD Portal. (The link to the DAAD Portal will be provided by DAAD via email.)
- Finalization of Selection Process: The selection process will be concluded, and suggested candidates will be notified accordingly.
IMPORTANT: Ensure that you have a copy of each document from your application readily available, as these documents (in PDF format) will need to be uploaded to the DAAD Portal if you are selected for a DAAD scholarship.
Why Study in Germany?
Germany is a popular study destination for international students, and for good reason. It offers high-quality education, affordable tuition fees, and a vibrant student life. Here are five reasons why you should consider studying in Germany:
- Excellent education: Germany has some of the best universities in the world, many of which are ranked in the top 100. German universities are known for their rigorous academics and cutting-edge research.
- Affordable tuition fees: Public universities in Germany charge no tuition fees for undergraduate students, regardless of nationality. This makes Germany a very affordable option for international students.
- Job opportunities: Germany has a strong economy and a low unemployment rate. International students who graduate from German universities are in high demand from employers.
- Quality of life: Germany is a great place to live and study. The country has a rich culture, beautiful scenery, and a safe and welcoming environment.
- International environment: Germany is a multicultural country with a large international student population. This means that you will have the opportunity to meet people from all over the world and learn about different cultures.
If you are looking for a high-quality education at an affordable price, Germany is a great option to consider. With its excellent universities, strong economy, and vibrant student life, Germany has something to offer everyone.